If you have always dreamed of owning your own business and working for yourself, starting a tax service is a great opportunity. To start a tax preparation business, you should have enough enthusiasm and drive. Here are the steps:
1. Acquire a proper education and training. You can choose to enroll in school or in online courses.
2. Get the proper licensing and required PTIN, EFIN.
3. Learn about tax preparation laws and modifications.
4. You should also be familiar with IRS regulations.
5. Understand tax preparation and practice filling up forms.
6. Create your office or space so you can start your business.
7. You should acquire the following necessities: financial calculator, internet access, accounting software, printer, copier, fax machine and office supplies.
8. Promote your business to gain potential clients.
9. Decide on the type of clients you want to cater to, be it individuals only, businesses only, or both.
10. Create your own work schedule and stick to it.
- How to Start a Tax Preparation Service (patriottaxsolutions.com)